AMH Adapt Service for eating disorders
Action Mental Health have developed a comprehensive programme relating to:
• Education and awareness talks and workshops looking at – Body Image, Self Esteem and Eating Disorders.
• 1 to 1 support for individuals living with or affected by an eating disorder – This will have a focus on self-care tools to maintain wellbeing through recovery and preparing individual on what to expect from assessment and treatment whilst on the waiting list for ED treatment.
• 1 to 1 support for families, friends and carers of those with an eating disorder – This will focus on topics such as – identifying ED behaviours, challenging behaviour, how to manage meal times/ seasonal events, how to have difficult conversations and setting and respecting boundaries.
• Monthly Carer support group.
• 5 week creative courses for individuals with an eating disorder.
Individuals can self-refer into the service by contacting myself, a letter about AMH Adapt will also be sent by GPs by anyone awaiting ED treatment in the Southern Trust.
For further details see contact details below and information attached:
Adapt Project Worker
13 Church Street
T: 028 3839 2314
Please see list of available downloads below:Back