Food for Life
Hi everyone, we would love you to join us for this special event.
Growing and sharing food brings people together. And right now, growing connections with people and nature around you is more important than ever. And growing your own is really easy to do too - no backyard or window sill is too small to get started.
This event will explore why growing your own food is such a great amplifier for community connections, how to get started on growing fruit and veg and best tips and tricks on how to get people involved. We will hear from a range of fantastic speakers:
- Isabel Lloyd - one half of the amazing Zombie Gardeners crew - will share with us all about gardening for the Zombie Apocalypse (if you want to get ahead of the game you can check-out their very entertaining but nevertheless very useful gardening book here
- We will hear from community development practitioner & coach Kathryn Welch and Patrick Hosey from Strathroy Community Garden and Shed on how to use growing activities to successfully engage communities
- And we will join Anne Merry, Regional Programme Manager for Food for Life Get Togethers, North of England, in her garden for a practical gardening session
You will need to register in advance, join this session here. Once you have registered, you will receive an email with instructions to join the session which will be hosted on zoom.
You can expect engaging discussions, practical tips and tricks on how to get started with growing your own and we will share with you how you can get involved with Plant & Share month - and which support is available from the Food for life Get Togethers team for communities to start growing their own.
This free online event is happening just as we kick-off Plant & Share month and is co-hosted by Eden Project Communities and Food for Life Get Togethers.
We will be recording this free session, which we may later share as an online resource. If you don’t wish to be in the recording please keep your camera off and put yourself on mute. Please be aware of your name, or number if you join by phone, as it appears on Zoom will be visible to others and may be visible in a recording if you are unmuted. Closed captions will be available during the session.
- Plant and Share Toolkit – lots of resources to support you to connect with your family, friends and community through growing
- Small grants Food for Life Get Togethers supports communities to connect through the power of good food, from growing, cooking and eating together. Schools, care homes, community groups, growing groups, charities, housing associations and churches are all eligible within the Newry, Mourne and Down, Omagh/Fermanagh and Belfast areas.
The closing date for our final small grants for this year is 30th April https://www.fflgettogethers.org/support/ please note events can be socially distanced or online. (application also attached)
Ann Ward | Regional Engagement Officer Northern Ireland | Food for Life Get Togethers | Soil Association | M: 07718490352
Please see list of available downloads below:Back