Homelessness Prevention - Funding extended 13/10/19
Objective One of the Homelessness Strategy 2017-22, published in April 2017, is to Prioritise Homelessness Prevention. There are many social, economic and family factors that can result in a household becoming homeless. These factors are outlined in the Strategy. Under Objective One of the Strategy, the Housing Executive has developed the Homelessness Prevention Fund and is seeking expressions of interest for projects that can help prevent homelessness by targeting one or more of the homeless triggers outlined in the Strategy. These expressions of interest will be assessed under a five category typology which include:
• Assisting in the public’s understanding of the complex nature of homelessness.
• Identifying particular groups which are at the highest risk of homelessness
• Raising awareness of homelessness to ensure households approaching crisis can access support.
• Undertaking pre-crisis intervention. This can take the form of advice and mediation services; proactive interventions and targeted services at known risk points.
• Preventing recurring homelessness, including ensuring tenancy sustainment is central to preventing repeat homelessness.
It should be noted that this is non recurrent funding and all projects must have the capacity to deliver the project by the end of March 2020. While there is no limit on the amount of funding that can be applied for it is anticipated that many projects will be smaller in scale in order to ensure the project is delivered by the end of March 2020. It should also be noted that this funding is open to Supporting People and Homelessness funded services along with constituted community groups.
If your group or organisation would like to apply for this funding please complete the attached application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the deadline for submissions is 5pm on Friday 6th September 2019.
If you would like any further information on any of the above please do not hesitate to contact any of the telephone numbers below:
Richard Tanswell 02895 982 327
Nicholas McGrath 02895 982 747
Maureen Kerr 02895 982 639
If you feel this email may be of interest to any local outlets your organisation has please forward the email on to any relevant colleagues.
Homelessness Strategy Manager| Homelessness Policy and Strategy
(: 02895982327 |( Ext: 82327
*: 1st Floor South, 9 Lanyon Place, Belfast, BT1 3LZ
Please see list of available downloads below:Back